Build between the first and second worldwar for a National Socialist training institution.
In 1939 was handed over to the Wehrmacht and the Adolf Hitler schools are opened in 1941. In 1944 Allied air raids destroy gymnasium, two “Kameradschaftshäuser”, the south-east tract of the “Adlerhof” and the east wing. In 1945 US Army occupies the camp. From 1946 to 1950 it was a trainingarea for the British army,and later that year it was handed over to the Belgium army. Since 1955 it was used as a NATO military training ground under Belgian sovereignty,and after 50 years the location was give back to Germany.