CD CC

Author Inferno FS - Last updated: 23.06.2013

May 2013, visited with Larzz

As we already scouted this location a few months ago, our urbex weekend was the ideal opportunity to finally visit it. We entered via the same way we went in last time and soon were struck speechless once more.
This site hasn’t been abandoned for very long and lights are still on everywhere. The neighboring factory makes so much noise it makes it look as if the site is still alive. There’s about two hours of daylight left so we have to move fast. Snapping pics as we go. Since we spotted a police helicopter circling the area while moving between locations, we keep our guard.

Compared to this site, Heavy Metal looks like a smith’s shop. Continuous casting is one of the most efficient ways of making steel. Sadly for the workers, this site was not found efficient enough. Every control room door we check is locked solid. Maybe for the best since they are all equipped with inert gas extinguishing systems.

Gasping at the immense magnitude of this building and the steel that was used to build it, makes you wonder what was first; the steel factories or the steel…

Image


CD CC on Flickr

Image


Control Panel on Flickr

Image


Caster on Flickr

There are three cranes on this site. Serving one purpose and one purpose only; dumping scrap metal into the massive converters.

Image


Crane on Flickr

Image


Convertor on Flickr

Of smelting pots they’ve got plenty to spare.

Image


Pots on Flickr

Image


16 14 21 on Flickr

PS: POV footage to follow!

0 comments

Add your comment

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

HF B

HF B(0)

May 2013, visited with LarzzA very hot early summer’s day; somewhere in the industrial depths of Belgium. The furnace towers above us as we stake out the gate and notice way too much activity! This won’t be an easy task… We decide to check the back o…

Small waterwork

Small waterwork(0)

A small nice waterwork

Rudersdof Chemiewerks

Rudersdof Chemiewerks(0)

The abandoned chemical factory of Rüdersdorf (actually in Tasdorf) was once part of VEB Chemiewerk Coswig, responsible mainly for the production of the animal feed Rükana and other phosphates used for farming.
It started life in 1899 as a cement factory operated by C.O.Wegener, which allegedly made the cement in “an ultra-modern yet highly dangerous” kiln oven. The huge Preußag concern (now the TUI travel agent) took over in 1939, producing bauxite vital for the Nazis’ war effort from 1944.
The Russians dismantled the plant after the war, but it found a new lease of life in 1950 when the VEB Glühphosphatwerk Rüdersdorf was formed to make the afore-mentioned phosphates. Two more kilns were added in 1972, and the factory came under control of the Piesteritz-based VEB Kombinat Agrochemie (agrochemicals) at the end of the 1970s.
German reunification spelled the end for VEB Chemiewerk Coswig, however, as it did for so many East German enterprises, with dwindling sales and dodgy dealings from investors preceding the inevitable. The factory made its last pig’s dinner before the gates were permanently closed in 1999.
Not much in the way of detail inside any of the buildings but externally it was pretty cool and the sunset helped.

#1
Image

#2
Image

#3
Image

#4
Image

#5
Image

#6
Image

Presswerk

Presswerk(0)

Presswerk Revisit

[BEL] Ché to the rat

[BEL] Ché to the rat(0)

One classical urbex place which won’t be missed – Cheratte Hasard

read more

Contacts and information

Talk Urbex is a community of photographers and urban explorers. We are documenting abandoned, historically important locations across the world. Talk Urbex is not responsible for any legal issues arising from either locations or digital/film imaging.

Social networks

Most popular categories

© 2012 Talkurbex.com - All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Google+