Abandoned brick and tile factory [DK]

Author Urbex Clown - Last updated: 19.08.2012

A bit of history….

A new era in the concrete industry began in 1960 when Johannes Rosenkilde purchased a small cement foundry in Ikast. After only a few years the space was too cramped, which was the start of the first of many expansions over the years made ​​in Ikast.

IBF has grown over the years, both organically and through acquisitions. Mergers and the company’s acquisitions are usually done in the context of generational change as the industry has been dominated by family businesses. Many of these companies have over time been taken over by IBF, so that IBF is now nationwide. So far it has been possible, the companies have continued to be run by the previous owners/managers, although due to the slowdown in recent years, a few have closed and others merged.

Developments have included the product areas of drainage products (pipes, well chambers, separators, etc.), as well as curbs, tiles and paving stones, including specialty products, concrete roofing tiles and ready mixed concrete. This extension of the product range has made IBF a major and in particular, a stable player in the Danish construction industry.

Image


3 by UrbexClown, on Flickr

Image


2 by UrbexClown, on Flickr

Image


1 by UrbexClown, on Flickr

And my shots of the place…

8-)

1.

2331


2.

2330


3.

2329


4.

2328


5.

2327


6.

2326


7.

2325


8.

2324

0 comments

Add your comment

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

HF B

HF B(0)

May 2013, visited with LarzzA very hot early summer’s day; somewhere in the industrial depths of Belgium. The furnace towers above us as we stake out the gate and notice way too much activity! This won’t be an easy task… We decide to check the back o…

Small waterwork

Small waterwork(0)

A small nice waterwork

Rudersdof Chemiewerks

Rudersdof Chemiewerks(0)

The abandoned chemical factory of Rüdersdorf (actually in Tasdorf) was once part of VEB Chemiewerk Coswig, responsible mainly for the production of the animal feed Rükana and other phosphates used for farming.
It started life in 1899 as a cement factory operated by C.O.Wegener, which allegedly made the cement in “an ultra-modern yet highly dangerous” kiln oven. The huge Preußag concern (now the TUI travel agent) took over in 1939, producing bauxite vital for the Nazis’ war effort from 1944.
The Russians dismantled the plant after the war, but it found a new lease of life in 1950 when the VEB Glühphosphatwerk Rüdersdorf was formed to make the afore-mentioned phosphates. Two more kilns were added in 1972, and the factory came under control of the Piesteritz-based VEB Kombinat Agrochemie (agrochemicals) at the end of the 1970s.
German reunification spelled the end for VEB Chemiewerk Coswig, however, as it did for so many East German enterprises, with dwindling sales and dodgy dealings from investors preceding the inevitable. The factory made its last pig’s dinner before the gates were permanently closed in 1999.
Not much in the way of detail inside any of the buildings but externally it was pretty cool and the sunset helped.

#1
Image

#2
Image

#3
Image

#4
Image

#5
Image

#6
Image

Presswerk

Presswerk(0)

Presswerk Revisit

[BEL] Ché to the rat

[BEL] Ché to the rat(0)

One classical urbex place which won’t be missed – Cheratte Hasard

read more

Advertisement



Locations

The chair hotel The chair hotel(0)
[BEL] Haus des Pfarrers [BEL] Haus des Pfarrers(0)
Air raid shelter K. Air raid shelter K.(0)
The green park The green park(0)
Polish Prison Polish Prison(0)
read more

Interesting?

Find Us on Facebook

Talk Urbex for iPhone

banner

Contacts and information

Talk Urbex is a community of photographers and urban explorers. We are documenting abandoned, historically important locations across the world. Talk Urbex is not responsible for any legal issues arising from either locations or digital/film imaging.

Social networks

Most popular categories

© 2012 Talkurbex.com - All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Google+