This month we feature an Italian photographer who is well known for his strobist work. Some of you may know him as il COE, so let’s find out more about forum member Tommaso Coerini aka coeuno…..
- Canon 5D Mark II body
- Lens Canon 50mm f/1.8 – the best cheaper lens in the world -
- Lens Canon 16-35 mm L II series… – the best most expansive wide angle in the world -
- Tripo Manfrotto 190X-Pro B + ballhead 486Rc2
- 2 x Speedlite Nissin Di866
- 2 x Phottix remote speedlite controller receiver + 1 x Phottix controller transmitter
- 1 x remote camera controller "cheap chinese stuff"
- 3 x Compact Flash 8giga byte
- 1 x Benson & Hedges cigarettes pack on the set (if the set is not more longer than 8 hours…
- 1 x kg of "cheap second hand" creativity stock (just purchased on Ebay)
- 1 x ton. of Adobe Photoshop CS5
I’m a "peasant" of photography…I don’t look for the best technique possible but for the most satisfying result I’m looking for! I try to obtain the most impressive effect and result ever through a mix of various tecnique and tools. In particular I’m fully involved in the artifical use of portable lights: Strobism people call it!
Starting in the urban exploration journey in a few I reach a state of need to insert people in my work! Abandoned place are so awesome, stunning and poetic…but I need people! So I moved to portraiting (even in abandoned places…of course!) and then I evolved to strobism!
Strobism is the possibility to bring the light with you and to be more and more creative! No more limits due to the light non-attendance! You’ve got the sun in your pockets! Everywhere! No more light trouble…and no more creativity limits! Rules decay, limits are overcome and your brain is free to imagine without compromises with the light! Your dreams can be traslated into pixels in every moment!
My production is a continuos research of "killer-style" result! Special FX, impressive and dramatic lights, powerfull shadows, high impact people and places! I look for a "scene"…not for a "pic".
I really love action shot. Not static and freeze shot but sense of movement and dynamic production.
I’m also a massive photshop user! My jobs was born to be retouched in post production. I don’t shot and then try to photoshoppize them…I just start in shoting thinking at the final result reachable with the combined effect both of my 5D markII and of my Adobe tool kit!
When I can’t have someone to shot at…I recruit myself! I’m the very model for myself ’cause I always do what I say me to do!
"Artistic production" name: COE
(old white man…)
Occupation (job): Trade Retailer Manager for an international corporate
City: Varese (in the north, about 40 km away from Milan)
Status: single…but active!
Three facts about me…
1. I’m involved, as consultant, in graphic, digital production, fashion, total look, corporate image, events, and pubblic relations sectors…
2. I’m in the photo world only from about 3 years, 2 of which as "professional" (I bought my first camera, a Canon 500D, three years ago…after a full "urbex" year of activity I was asked for my first fashion photo job and when paid for it I upgrade my gear to the actual 5D MarkII)
3. …talking about something different from photography and graphic, in general, I can say I’m a very raltional guy! I need to stay as more as possible with my friends spending time in drinking a good beer (Kent’s Super rules!!!!), talking about stupid affairs, smoking cigarettes (my dramatic vicious…) and looking for chicks! ^_^